2017 Arizona Revised Statutes
Title 33 - Property
§ 33-803 Trustee of trust deed; qualifications
33-803. Trustee of trust deed; qualifications
A. Except as provided in subsection B, the trustee of a trust deed shall be:
1. An association or corporation doing business under the laws of this state as a bank, trust company, savings and loan association, credit union, insurance company, escrow agent or consumer lender.
2. A person who is a member of the state bar of Arizona.
3. A person who is a licensed real estate broker under the laws of this state.
4. A person who is a licensed insurance producer under the laws of this state.
5. An association or corporation that is licensed, chartered or regulated by the federal deposit insurance corporation, the comptroller of the currency, the federal home loan bank, the national credit union administration, the farm credit administration, the federal reserve board or any successors.
6. The parent corporation of any association or corporation referred to in this subsection or any corporation all the stock of which is owned by or held solely for the benefit of any such association or corporation referred to in this subsection.
B. An individual trustee of a trust deed who qualifies under subsection A shall not be the beneficiary of the trust, but such restriction shall not preclude a corporate or association trustee that qualifies under subsection A and while acting in good faith from being the beneficiary, or after appointment from acquiring the interest of the beneficiary by succession, conveyance, grant, descent or devise.
C. A trustee of a trust deed who qualifies under subsection A shall not lend or delegate the trustee's name or corporate capacity to any individual or entity that does not qualify as a trustee of a trust deed. An individual, company, association or corporation shall not circumvent the requirements of subsection A by acting in concert with a nonqualifying trustee.