2018 Alaska Statutes
Title 45. Trade and Commerce
Chapter 29. Secured Transactions
Article 5. Filing.
Sec. 45.29.509. Persons entitled to file a record.
(a) A person may file an initial financing statement, amendment that adds collateral covered by a financing statement, or amendment that adds a debtor to a financing statement only if
(1) the debtor authorizes the filing in an authenticated record or pursuant to (b) or (c) of this section; or
(2) the person holds an agricultural lien that has become effective at the time of filing and the financing statement covers only collateral in which the person holds an agricultural lien.
(b) By authenticating or becoming bound as debtor by a security agreement, a debtor or new debtor authorizes the filing of an initial financing statement and an amendment covering
(1) the collateral described in the security agreement; and
(2) property that becomes collateral under AS 45.29.315(a)(2), whether or not the security agreement expressly covers proceeds.
(c) By acquiring collateral in which a security interest or agricultural lien continues under AS 45.29.315(a)(1), a debtor authorizes the filing of an initial financing statement, and an amendment, covering the collateral and property that becomes collateral under AS 45.29.315(a)(2).
(d) A person may file an amendment other than an amendment that adds collateral covered by a financing statement or an amendment that adds a debtor to a financing statement only if
(1) the secured party of record authorizes the filing; or
(2) the amendment is a termination statement for a financing statement as to which the secured party of record has failed to file or send a termination statement required under AS 45.29.513(a) or (c), the debtor authorizes the filing, and the termination statement indicates that the debtor authorized it to be filed.
(e) If there is more than one secured party of record for a financing statement, each secured party of record may authorize the filing of an amendment under (d) of this section.