2018 Alaska Statutes
Title 11. Criminal Law
Chapter 71. Controlled Substances
Article 2. Standards and Schedules.
Sec. 11.71.100. Controlled Substances Advisory Committee.
(a) The Controlled Substances Advisory Committee is established in the Department of Law. The committee consists of
(1) the attorney general or the attorney general's designee;
(2) the commissioner of health and social services or the commissioner's designee;
(3) the commissioner of public safety or the commissioner's designee;
(4) the president of the Board of Pharmacy or the designee of the president who shall also be a member of the Board of Pharmacy;
(5) a peace officer appointed by the governor after consultation with the Alaska Association of Chiefs of Police;
(6) a physician appointed by the governor;
(7) a psychiatrist appointed by the governor; and
(8) two individuals appointed by the governor.
(b) Members of the committee appointed under (a)(5) — (a)(8) of this section serve terms of four years. A member of the committee receives no salary but is entitled to per diem and travel expenses authorized by law for boards and commissions under AS 39.20.180.
(c) The president of the Board of Pharmacy or the president's designee is the chair of the committee.
(d) The committee meets at the call of the chair of the committee.
(e) The committee shall meet at least twice a year.
(f) Five members of the committee constitute a quorum, except that a smaller number may adjourn a meeting in the absence of a quorum. A quorum being present, a majority vote of the total membership is required to take official action.