2020 Code of Alabama
Title 41 - State Government.
Chapter 16 - Public Contracts.
Article 3B - Submissions for Public Contracts and Grants, Disclosure Requirements.
Section 41-16-81 - Definitions.
For purposes of this article, the following terms shall have the following meanings:
(1) FAMILY MEMBER OF A PUBLIC EMPLOYEE. The spouse or a dependent of the public employee.
(2) FAMILY MEMBER OF A PUBLIC OFFICIAL. The spouse, a dependent, an adult child and his or her spouse, a parent, a spouse's parents, or a sibling and his or her spouse, of the public official.
(3) FAMILY RELATIONSHIP. A person has a family relationship with a public official or public employee if the person is a family member of the public official or public employee.
(4) PERSON. An individual, firm, partnership, association, joint venture, cooperative, or corporation, or any other group or combination acting in concert.
(5) PUBLIC OFFICIAL and PUBLIC EMPLOYEE. These terms shall have the same meanings ascribed to them in Sections 36-25-1(23) and 36-25-1(24), except for purposes of the disclosure requirements of this article, the terms shall only include persons in a position to influence the awarding of a grant or contract who are affiliated with the awarding entity. Notwithstanding the foregoing, these terms shall also include the Governor, Lieutenant Governor, members of the cabinet of the Governor, and members of the Legislature.
(Act 2001-955, 2001 3rd Sp. Sess., p. 815, §2.)