2019 Code of Alabama
Title 39 - Public Works.
Chapter 8 - Fair and Open Competition in Governmental Construction Act.
Section 39-8-2 - Legislative findings.
The Legislature finds and declares that this chapter shall do all of the following:
(1) Provide for the efficient procurement of goods and services by governmental units.
(2) Promote the economical, nondiscriminatory, and efficient administration and completion of state and state-funded or state-assisted construction projects.
(3) Provide for fair and open competition for construction contracts, grants, tax abatements, and tax credits awarded by governmental units.
(4) Prohibit requirements for certain terms in construction contracts awarded by governmental units or supported through grants and tax subsidies and abatements by governmental units.
(5) Prohibit expenditure of public funds under certain conditions.
(6) Prohibit certain terms in procurement documents for certain expenditures by governmental units involving public facilities.
(7) Provide powers and duties for certain public officers, employees, and contractors.(Act 2014-107, p. 180, §2.)