2019 Code of Alabama
Title 36 - Public Officers and Employees.
Chapter 9 - Vacation of Office; Filling of Vacancies.
- Section 36-9-1 - How offices vacated generally.
- Section 36-9-2 - Conviction of officeholder of felony vacates office; when restored to office.
- Section 36-9-3 - Judgment of insanity of officeholder vacates office.
- Section 36-9-4 - Vacation of office of judge of court of record by acceptance of another office.
- Section 36-9-5 - Vacation of offices of clerk of circuit court, tax collector, etc., by failure to elect successor.
- Section 36-9-6 - Notice of death of member of Congress or of state Legislature, Governor, etc.
- Section 36-9-7 - Proceedings upon occurrence of vacancy in office of United States Senator - Temporary appointment of senator.
- Section 36-9-8 - Proceedings upon occurrence of vacancy in office of United States Senator - Ordering of election for selection of United States Senator - Authorization and procedure generally.
- Section 36-9-9 - Proceedings upon occurrence of vacancy in office of United States Senator - Ordering of election for selection of United States Senator - Notice of election.
- Section 36-9-10 - Notice of death of judge of probate.
- Section 36-9-11 - Resignation of Governor.
- Section 36-9-12 - Resignation of members of Congress or state Legislature, etc.
- Section 36-9-13 - Resignation of constables.
- Section 36-9-14 - Notice of removal of officer from county, etc., for which elected or appointed.
- Section 36-9-15 - Certification of judgment declaring election or appointment void or office vacated to appointing power.
- Section 36-9-16 - Notice to Legislature of vacancies to be filled thereby.
- Section 36-9-17 - Filling of vacancies in state and county offices generally.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.