2019 Code of Alabama
Title 3 - Animals.
Chapter 5 - Stock Laws.
- Section 3-5-1 - "Livestock" or "animal" defined.
- Section 3-5-2 - Permitting livestock or animals to run at large upon premises of another without permission or upon public lands, highways, etc., generally.
- Section 3-5-3 - Liability of owner for damages done by livestock or animals running at large; judgment lien upon animal or livestock causing damage.
- Section 3-5-4 - Taking up of livestock or animals running at large by highway patrol, etc.; notification of owner thereof generally.
- Section 3-5-5 - Recovery of livestock or animals by owner upon payment of fees, damages and costs of feeding animals; disposition of fees, damages, etc.
- Section 3-5-6 - Taking up of livestock or animals running uncontrolled on lands of another by owner, etc., of said lands; notification of owner of livestock or animals generally.
- Section 3-5-7 - Filing of statement where owner of livestock or animal taken up unknown, not resident of county, etc.
- Section 3-5-8 - Posting of notice as to taking, etc., and hearing thereupon; proceedings where owner appears and claims livestock or animal generally; proceedings and entry of judgment for sale where livestock or animal not claimed and adjudged to be unlawfully at large generally.
- Section 3-5-9 - Proceedings and entry of judgment discharging livestock or animal, etc., where same adjudged not unlawfully at large.
- Section 3-5-10 - Officer or person taking up livestock or animal entitled to possession thereof until judgment and costs of keeping and caring for livestock or animal paid.
- Section 3-5-11 - Refunding of counties or municipalities where livestock or animals kept and fed in county or municipal pounds.
- Section 3-5-12 - Proceedings for recovery of livestock or animal by owner; determination of validity of seizure, amount of damages, etc., where owner unknown, etc.; fees and costs of district court judge and officer making seizure; appeals from judgment of district court.
- Section 3-5-13 - Procedure for sale of livestock or animal when not reclaimed by owner, etc.; disposition of proceeds of sale.
- Section 3-5-14 - Authority of municipalities to adopt ordinances; municipal ordinances not repealed.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.