2019 Code of Alabama
Title 25 - Industrial Relations and Labor.
Chapter 2 - Department of Labor.
- Section 25-2-1 - Established; seal.
- Section 25-2-1.1 - Department renamed.
- Section 25-2-2 - Duties generally.
- Section 25-2-3 - Divisions; officers.
- Section 25-2-4 - Employees.
- Section 25-2-4.1 - Employees of certain colleges or the Alabama Community College System.
- Section 25-2-5 - Applicability of Merit System.
- Section 25-2-6 - Secretary of Labor - Qualifications and requirements; vacancies; compensation.
- Section 25-2-7 - Secretary of Labor - Powers and duties.
- Section 25-2-8 - Secretary of Labor - Promulgation of rules and regulations.
- Section 25-2-9 - Secretary of Labor - Right of entry.
- Section 25-2-10 - Secretary of Labor - Designated chief of unemployment compensation and employment service division.
- Section 25-2-11 - Secretary of Labor - Agreements with federal agencies.
- Section 25-2-12 - Board of appeals - Creation; composition; compensation.
- Section 25-2-13 - Board of appeals - Powers and duties generally; appeals from findings as to dangerous condition, etc., of machines, etc.
- Section 25-2-14 - Board of appeals - Procedure; record of proceedings, etc.
- Section 25-2-15 - Board of appeals - Sessions.
- Section 25-2-16 - Board of appeals - Promulgation, amendment, etc., of rules and regulations - Proposals.
- Section 25-2-17 - Board of appeals - Promulgation, amendment, etc., of rules and regulations - Hearings.
- Section 25-2-18 - Board of appeals - Promulgation, amendment, etc., of rules and regulations - Effective date; publication, etc.
- Section 25-2-19 - Variations from rules or regulations.
- Section 25-2-20 - Review of rules or regulations - Petition to board of appeals.
- Section 25-2-21 - Review of rules or regulations - Commencement of action in circuit court.
- Section 25-2-22 - Employers to furnish information; access to records, accounts, etc., of employers.
- Section 25-2-23 - Powers of secretary, officers of department and board of appeals as to witnesses.
- Section 25-2-24 - Enforcement of laws administered, etc., by department; district attorney's fee.
- Section 25-2-25 - Penalties for violations of chapter or rules or regulations of board of appeals; false statements under oath.
- Section 25-2-26 - Disposition and expenditure of appropriations and federal allotments.
- Section 25-2-27 - Minimizing adverse effects on certain unemployed and underemployed workers.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.