2019 Code of Alabama
Title 12 - Courts.
Chapter 5 - Administrative Office of Courts and Department of Court Management.
- Section 12-5-1 - Administrative Office of Courts created.
- Section 12-5-3 - Department of Court Management established; powers and duties generally.
- Section 12-5-2 - Service by Administrative Office of Courts as agency for application for and receipt of grants, etc., and coordination of studies, etc., as to improvement of administration of justice; appointment, compensation, etc., of officers, employees, etc., of Administrative Office of Courts generally; powers of Chief Justice as to use of officers, employees, moneys, etc., of Administrative Office of Courts.
- Section 12-5-6 - Department to be responsible for trial court administration.
- Section 12-5-5 - Applicability of provisions of State Merit System to officers, employees, etc., of department.
- Section 12-5-4 - Appointment, duties, etc., of court administrator and assistant court administrator; appointment and compensation of other employees of department.
- Section 12-5-7 - Entitlement to insurance, retirement and other state employees' benefits of officers, employees, etc., of Administrative Office of Courts and Department of Court Management.
- Section 12-5-8 - Administrative Director of Courts ex officio head of Department of Court Management and head of Administrative Office of Courts.
- Section 12-5-9 - Administrative Director of Courts to assist Chief Justice with duties as administrative head of judicial system.
- Section 12-5-10 - Powers and duties of Administrative Director of Courts generally.
- Section 12-5-11 - Direction of expenditure of funds appropriated to accounts of colleges of judges and accounts for judicial education of justices, judges or court-supportive personnel and payment of expenses of justices, judges or court-supportive personnel attending colleges, institutes, conferences, etc.
- Section 12-5-12 - Study of applications for funds, grants, etc., from federal governmental agencies or entities, direction of disbursement of funds, grants, etc.; designation of moneys previously appropriated to certain state agencies as matching funds; application for federal funds, grants, etc., and use of certain moneys as matching funds in connection therewith by circuit courts, district courts, etc.
- Section 12-5-13 - Coordination of functions and duties of administrative personnel of trial courts or local court systems; transfer and direction of expenditure of moneys appropriated to certain state agencies and courts.
- Section 12-5-14 - Employment of consultants by Chief Justice and Administrative Director of Courts.
- Section 12-5-15 - Delegation to Administrative Director of Courts, court administrator, etc., of authority to act for Chief Justice.
- Section 12-5-16 - Membership of Chief Justice and officers, employees, etc., of Administrative Office of Courts and Department of Court Management in organizations and associations devoted to improvement of justice, etc., authorized; payment of membership dues therefor and for state membership in certain national organizations and associations.
- Section 12-5-17 - Attendance at colleges, conferences, etc., pertaining to administration of courts by Chief Justice, officers, employees, etc., of Administrative Office of Courts and Department of Court Management, members of judiciary and court-supportive personnel authorized; reimbursement for expenses thereof.
- Section 12-5-18 - Use of members of judiciary and court-supportive personnel for studies, projects, etc., to improve the administration of justice.
- Section 12-5-19 - Payment of expenses of conferences or meetings sponsored by Administrative Office of Courts or Department of Court Management.
- Section 12-5-20 - Review, etc., of administrative decisions of Chief Justice or Administrative Director of Courts by Supreme Court justices.
- Section 12-5-21 - Appointment, compensation, etc., of confidential secretaries for retired justices or judges performing active duty for Supreme Court or courts of appeals.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.