2019 Code of Alabama
Title 12 - Courts.
Chapter 2 - Supreme Court.
Article 1 - General Provisions.
- Section 12-2-1 - Composition of court; election and terms of office of justices.
- Section 12-2-2 - Powers of justices - Issuance of writs of certiorari and granting of injunctions.
- Section 12-2-3 - Powers of justices - Administration of oaths and taking of affidavits and acknowledgments.
- Section 12-2-4 - Salary of justices.
- Section 12-2-5 - Performance of duties or functions of Chief Justice in event of absence from state or disability thereof generally.
- Section 12-2-6 - Performance of duties of Chief Justice in event of extended absence from court or disability thereof.
- Section 12-2-7 - Jurisdiction and powers of court generally.
- Section 12-2-8 - Regular terms of court.
- Section 12-2-9 - Special terms.
- Section 12-2-10 - Advisory opinions on constitutional questions - How opinion obtained.
- Section 12-2-11 - Advisory opinions on constitutional questions - Request and receipt by court of briefs from Attorney General and amici curiae as to questions presented.
- Section 12-2-12 - Advisory opinions on constitutional questions - Effect of opinion.
- Section 12-2-13 - Standard for decision of cases in which existing opinion and former ruling in case conflict.
- Section 12-2-14 - Appointment of members of bar to sit as special judges in determination of certain cases.
- Section 12-2-15 - Minutes of court and reports of decisions to state names of judges sitting in final decision of cases.
- Section 12-2-16 - Advisory and standing committees.
- Section 12-2-17 - Establishment of additional duties for judges.
- Section 12-2-18 - Institution and maintenance of safety programs and precautions for security and protection of judicial building, etc., authorized; designation of marshal, assistant marshals, etc., as conservators of peace and powers thereof; payment for uniforms, arms, etc., of marshals, etc.
- Section 12-2-19 - Promulgation, filing and publication of rules; construction and interpretation of rules.
- Section 12-2-20 - Purposes for which appropriations may be used.
- Section 12-2-21 - Appointment, compensation, etc., of staff attorneys.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.