2019 Code of Alabama
Title 12 - Courts.
Chapter 18 - Judicial Retirement.
Article 4 - Probate Judges.
- Section 12-18-80 - Entitlement to retirement and receipt of pension of probate judges generally; retirement order.
- Section 12-18-81 - Right of election of probate judges holding office on or after December 27, 1973, to come under provisions of Article 1 of chapter; filing of instrument as to election with Clerk of Supreme Court, county commission and Secretary-Treasurer of State Employees' Retirement System; applicability of provisions of Article 1 of chapter to probate judges elected or appointed to office after October 1, 1976; state and local governing bodies authorized to pick up member contributions to retirement fund.
- Section 12-18-82 - Contributions to retirement fund by judges.
- Section 12-18-83 - Election as to withdrawal from retirement fund and refunding of contributions or receipt of certificate of time of service accumulated toward retirement upon termination of service of judge prior to eligibility for retirement benefits under article; filing of certificate as proof of time of service for retirement benefits under article upon reaching of retirement age or death of judge.
- Section 12-18-84 - Eligibility for retirement.
- Section 12-18-84.1 - Election to retire with 24 years of service.
- Section 12-18-85 - Filing of declaration as to intention to retire with Chief Justice of Supreme Court; endorsement and forwarding thereof by Chief Justice.
- Section 12-18-86 - Office deemed vacant upon retirement of judge; filling of vacancy.
- Section 12-18-87 - Benefits.
- Section 12-18-88 - Call to active duty of retired judges; compensation of retired judges on active duty; termination of active duty.
- Section 12-18-90 - Provisions of article not applicable to supernumerary probate judges; receipt of benefits as supernumerary probate judge, etc., by probate judge electing to come under provisions of Article 1 of chapter; transfer to Judicial Retirement Fund of moneys paid to counties under provisions of Article 3 of Chapter 13 of this title by probate judges electing to come under provisions of Article 1 of chapter.
- Section 12-18-91 - Effective date.
- Section 12-18-92 - 1984 cost of living increase.
- Section 12-18-93 - Cost-of-living adjustments.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.