2019 Code of Alabama
Title 12 - Courts.
Chapter 18 - Judicial Retirement.
Article 3 - District Court Judges.
- Section 12-18-50 - Entitlement to retirement and receipt of pension of district judges generally; retirement order.
- Section 12-18-51 - Right of election of judges of county courts or full-time municipal court judges entitled to receive commissions as district judges to come under provisions of Article 1 of chapter; filing of notice of election with Clerk of Supreme Court, Secretary-Treasurer of Judicial Retirement Fund and governing body of county or municipality; applicability of provisions of Article 1 of chapter to district court judges elected or appointed to office after October 10, 1975.
- Section 12-18-52 - Contributions to retirement fund by judges.
- Section 12-18-53 - Payment into Judicial Retirement Fund of moneys previously paid into retirement funds for benefit of judges by counties or municipalities; crediting to judges of such payments.
- Section 12-18-54 - Election as to withdrawal from retirement fund and refunding of contributions or receipt of certificate of time of service accumulated toward retirement upon termination of service of judge prior to eligibility for retirement benefits under article; filing of certificate as proof of time of service for retirement benefits under article upon reaching of retirement age or death of judge.
- Section 12-18-55 - Eligibility for retirement of district judges; right of election of former county court judges, district attorneys or assistant district attorneys serving as circuit judges on January 16, 1977, to come under provisions of Article 1 of chapter; filing of notice of election with Clerk of Supreme Court by same.
- Section 12-18-56 - Filing of notice of intention to retire with Chief Justice of Supreme Court by district judge; endorsement and forwarding thereof by Chief Justice.
- Section 12-18-57 - Office deemed vacant upon retirement of judge; filling of vacancy.
- Section 12-18-58 - Judges' retirement benefits.
- Section 12-18-58.1 - Applicability of Sections 12-18-55 and 12-18-58.
- Section 12-18-59 - Judges' disability benefits.
- Section 12-18-60 - Payment of benefits to spouses upon death of judges.
- Section 12-18-60.1 - Applicability of Section 12-18-60.
- Section 12-18-61 - Call to active duty of retired judges; compensation of retired judges on active duty; termination of active duty.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.