2019 Code of Alabama
Title 12 - Courts.
Chapter 18 - Judicial Retirement.
Article 1 - Judicial Retirement Fund; Justices of Supreme Court, Judges ofCourts of Appeals and Judges of Circuit Courts Generally.
- Section 12-18-1 - Judicial Retirement Fund created; composition of fund.
- Section 12-18-2 - Administration of fund; disbursement of funds; appeals from decisions of Board of Control.
- Section 12-18-3 - Appropriation of moneys by Legislature for Judicial Retirement Fund; payment of state contributions to fund in event of failure of state to appropriate moneys, etc., for fund.
- Section 12-18-4 - Entitlement to retirement and receipt of pension of justices of Supreme Court, judges of courts of appeals and judges of circuit courts generally; retirement order.
- Section 12-18-5 - Applicability of article to justices and judges; contributions to retirement fund; granting of credit for military service.
- Section 12-18-6 - Eligibility for retirement of justices of Supreme Court, judges of courts of appeals and judges of circuit courts.
- Section 12-18-7 - Filing of declaration as to intention to retire by justices of Supreme Court, judges of courts of appeals and judges of circuit courts; endorsement and forwarding thereof by Chief Justice of Supreme Court; oath, powers, duties, etc., of retired justices and judges; forfeiture of right to receive retirement benefits by certain justices or judges upon failure to file declaration of intention to retire.
- Section 12-18-8 - Transfer into Judicial Retirement Fund of contributions made to Employees' Retirement System of Alabama and receipt of credit for prior service under Employees' Retirement System, etc., upon payment of contribution for prior years of service; refund of contributions to Judicial Retirement Fund upon termination of service prior to eligibility for retirement benefits under article.
- Section 12-18-8.1 - Time of service as full-time state prosecutor, etc., may be credited as time in judicial position with Judicial Retirement System.
- Section 12-18-8.2 - Eligibility for retirement of circuit judges; credit for former service in executive department of state; credit for service as full-time assistant district attorney, deputy district attorney or assistant attorney general.
- Section 12-18-8.3 - Restoration of prior creditable service; participation in other public retirement systems.
- Section 12-18-9 - Offices deemed vacant upon retirement of justices of Supreme Court, judges of courts of appeals or judges of circuit courts; filling of vacancies.
- Section 12-18-10 - Retirement and disability benefits of justices of Supreme Court, judges of courts of appeals and judges of circuit courts; payment of benefits to spouses upon death of justices or judges; call to active duty status of retired justices or judges; powers, duties, compensation, etc., of retired justices or judges on active duty status; transfer of justices or judges from active to inactive status, etc.
- Section 12-18-11 - Crediting to circuit court judges toward retirement of prior service for which entitled to credit toward supernumerary status in position other than as circuit judge.
- Section 12-18-12 - Applicability of provisions of article to future additional state judicial offices.
- Section 12-18-13 - Construction of article.
- Section 12-18-14 - Compliance with qualification standards.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.