2019 Code of Alabama
Title 12 - Courts.
Chapter 12 - District Courts.
Article 1 - General Provisions.
- Section 12-12-1 - Establishment, designation, etc.; location of sessions of district courts; abolition of courts not authorized by Constitution.
- Section 12-12-2 - District court a court of record; preparation, maintenance, etc., of records of proceedings generally; employment of reporters or provision for transcripts of proceedings by parties.
- Section 12-12-3 - Trial of cases.
- Section 12-12-4 - Powers of court as to disposition of criminal cases generally.
- Section 12-12-5 - Continuation of cases to permit payment of fines and costs.
- Section 12-12-6 - Powers as to punishment for contempt.
- Section 12-12-7 - Issuance of writs.
- Section 12-12-8 - District attorney of circuit charged with responsibility for district court prosecutions.
- Section 12-12-9 - Abolition of office of county solicitor and performance of functions thereof by assistant district attorneys; election by county solicitors serving terms to which elected prior to January 16, 1977, to become assistant district attorneys for duration of terms.
- Section 12-12-10 - Supervision of district courts by presiding circuit judges.
- Section 12-12-11 - Applicability of Alabama Rules of Civil Procedure.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.