2019 Code of Alabama
Title 11 - Counties and Municipal Corporations.
Title 1 - Provisions Applicable to Counties Only.
Chapter 15 - PUBLIC BUILDING AUTHORITIES.
Section 11-15-1 - Definitions.
The following words and phrases, including the plural of any thereof, wherever used in this chapter, shall in the absence of clear implication herein otherwise have the following respective meanings:
(1) THE CORPORATION. A corporation organized pursuant to the provisions of this chapter.
(2) BOARD. The board of directors of the corporation.
(3) THE STATE. The State of Alabama.
(4) THE COUNTY. That county in the state in which the corporation shall be organized.
(5) GOVERNING BODY. The county commission in which the legislative functions of the county are vested by law.
(6) PROJECT. A building or buildings designed for use and occupancy as a county courthouse or jail or for the supplying of offices and related facilities for officers and departments of the county and any agencies for which the county may lawfully furnish office facilities or any one or more thereof, together with any lands deemed by the board to be desirable in connection therewith.
(7) WARRANT. Any warrant authorized to be issued pursuant to the provisions of this chapter.
(8) COUPON. Any interest coupon evidencing an installment of interest payable with respect to a warrant.
(9) MORTGAGE. A mortgage or a mortgage and deed of trust.(Acts 1951, No. 682, p. 1172, §1.)