2019 Code of Alabama
Title 10A - Alabama Business and Nonprofit Entities Code.
Chapter 20 - Special Purpose Entities.
Article 6 - Health Care Services Plans.
Section 10A-20-6.07 - Certificates of authority; contracts with public.

Universal Citation: AL Code § 10A-20-6.07 (2019)
Section 10A-20-6.07Certificates of authority; contracts with public.

Every corporation organized under this article shall procure from the Commissioner of Insurance a certificate of authority to do business, for which the corporation shall pay the sum of two hundred dollars ($200), and the certificates of authority shall be renewed thereafter on or before the first day of March of each year. The corporation may then enter into contracts with the public, subject to the restrictions contained in this article, for benefits under its health service plan. It shall be the duty of the corporation to enter into contracts with and issue certificates to those of the public who may desire to avail themselves of the benefits of the health service plan and who, under its rules and regulations, make application and are eligible therefor. The contracts may provide for more than one class of services or benefits, may designate the person or persons, or the class of persons, entitled thereto, may designate the health care facilities and providers which render the services provided for, and may specify the charge or dues required to be paid for the services or benefits. No corporation shall issue or sell any contract until the form of the same has been filed with the Commissioner of Insurance.

(Acts 1935, No. 544, p. 1157; Acts 1936, Ex. Sess., No. 169, p. 199; Code 1940, T. 28, §308; Acts 1945, No. 50, p. 52, §3; Acts 1973, No. 1041, p. 1631, §1; §10-4-106; amended and renumbered by Act 2009-513, p. 967, §334.)
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.