2018 Code of Alabama
Title 5 - BANKS AND FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS.
Chapter 18 - SMALL LOANS.
- Section 5-18-1 - Short title.
- Section 5-18-2 - Legislative findings of fact and declaration of intent.
- Section 5-18-3 - Definitions.
- Section 5-18-4 - License - Required; exemptions; penalties for violation of section.
- Section 5-18-5 - License - Application; fees; disposition of fees.
- Section 5-18-6 - License - Investigation of application; issuance or denial of license.
- Section 5-18-7 - License - Contents; posting; continuing effect.
- Section 5-18-8 - License - Place of business of licensee.
- Section 5-18-9 - License - Revocation, suspension, etc.; investigation of complaints.
- Section 5-18-10 - Examinations of licensees; investigations; enforcement powers of supervisor.
- Section 5-18-11 - Books, accounts and records of licensees; annual report.
- Section 5-18-12 - Promulgation of rules, regulations and orders by supervisor; furnishing of certified copies of licenses, regulations or orders.
- Section 5-18-13 - Advertising; schedule of charges.
- Section 5-18-14 - Conduct of other business in office of licensee; loan business confined to licensed offices; acceptance of liens on real estate as security for loans.
- Section 5-18-15 - Interest rates, charges, and fees.
- Section 5-18-15.1 - Additional late payment charge.
- Section 5-18-16 - Duties of licensees as to making and payment of loans.
- Section 5-18-17 - Insurance in connection with credit transaction.
- Section 5-18-18 - Charges, rates, etc., as to certain loans.
- Section 5-18-19 - Collection of loans made outside state.
- Section 5-18-20 - Review of orders, etc., of supervisor.
- Section 5-18-21 - Enforceability of provisions and agreements which violate chapter; liability of licensee for actual damage.
- Section 5-18-22 - Modification, amendment or repeal of chapter.
- Section 5-18-23 - Maintenance of listing of licensees doing business in state; public access to reports, etc.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.