2018 Code of Alabama
Title 38 - PUBLIC WELFARE.
Chapter 3 - DEPARTMENT OF SENIOR SERVICES.
Section 38-3-2 - Duties.
(a) It shall be the duty of the members of the advisory board to meet within 30 days after their appointment, and to elect a chair and other officers from among themselves, who shall serve for a period of two years. Thereafter, the board shall elect a new chair every two years.
(b) It shall be the duty of the board to do all of the following:
(1) Collect facts and statistics and make special studies of conditions and problems pertaining to the employment, health, financial status, recreation, social adjustment, or other conditions affecting the welfare of the aging people in this state.
(2) Keep abreast of the latest developments in this field of activity throughout the nation, and to interpret its findings to the commissioner.
(3) Provide for a mutual exchange of ideas and information on national, state, and local levels.
(4) Give a report of its advisory activities to the Legislature, and make recommendations for needed improvements and additional resources to promote the welfare of the aging in this state.
(5) Serve as an advisory body to the commissioner.(Acts 1957, No. 554, p. 774, §2; Acts 1964, 1st Ex. Sess., No. 148, p. 214, §1; Act 2000-744, p. 1655, §2; Act 2015-159, §1.)