2018 Code of Alabama
Title 16 - EDUCATION.
Chapter 9 - COUNTY SUPERINTENDENTS OF EDUCATION.
- Section 16-9-1 - Chief executive and secretary of board of education; superintendent of schools.
- Section 16-9-2 - Qualifications of superintendent.
- Section 16-9-3 - Bond of superintendent.
- Section 16-9-4 - Misdemeanor to print name of person without certificate on ballot; candidates.
- Section 16-9-5 - Nomination by political party.
- Section 16-9-6 - Primary election to nominate superintendent.
- Section 16-9-7 - Instructions on ballot.
- Section 16-9-8 - Taking office on January 1 following election; procedure where successful candidate dies or resigns prior to taking office.
- Section 16-9-9 - Term of office when county board selects superintendent.
- Section 16-9-10 - Certificate of administration and supervision.
- Section 16-9-11 - Vacancies.
- Section 16-9-12 - Full-time office; salary; traveling expenses.
- Section 16-9-13 - Powers and duties as executive officer of board.
- Section 16-9-14 - Recommendations as to kind, location, etc., of schools and compulsory school attendance districts.
- Section 16-9-16 - Conferences called and conducted.
- Section 16-9-17 - Building program; local attendance district boundaries.
- Section 16-9-18 - Condemnation and improvement of buildings and playgrounds; approval of contracts.
- Section 16-9-19 - Conditions of admittance to high schools.
- Section 16-9-20 - Plans for consolidated schools.
- Section 16-9-21 - Courses of study.
- Section 16-9-22 - Grading and standardizing schools.
- Section 16-9-23 - Nomination, assignment, removal, etc., of teachers, employees, etc.
- Section 16-9-24 - Supervisors; clerical assistants; offices; equipment.
- Section 16-9-25 - Institutes organized by superintendents.
- Section 16-9-26 - Visitation of schools.
- Section 16-9-27 - Report forms.
- Section 16-9-28 - Annual statement of receipts and disbursements.
- Section 16-9-29 - Quadrennial school census.
- Section 16-9-30 - Enforcement of attendance laws; preparation of reports.
- Section 16-9-31 - Report on schools to state superintendent; examination of books, accounts, etc., by state superintendent.
- Section 16-9-32 - Payrolls - Preparation.
- Section 16-9-33 - Payrolls - Approval.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.