2018 Code of Alabama
Title 16 - EDUCATION.
Chapter 16 - ALABAMA PUBLIC SCHOOL AND COLLEGE AUTHORITY.
Section 16-16-4 - Application for incorporation.
(a) To become a corporation, the Governor, the State Superintendent of Education and the Director of Finance shall present to the Secretary of State of Alabama an application signed by them which shall set forth:
(1) The name, official designation and official residence of each of the applicants, together with a certified copy of the commission evidencing each applicant's right to office;
(2) The date on which each applicant was inducted into office and the term of office of each of the applicants;
(3) The name of the proposed corporation, which shall be the Alabama Public School and College Authority;
(4) The location of the principal office of the proposed corporation; and
(5) Any other matter relating to the incorporation which the applicants may choose to insert and which is not inconsistent with this chapter or the laws of the State of Alabama.
(b) The application shall be subscribed and sworn to by each of the applicants before an officer authorized by the laws of this state to take acknowledgments to deeds.
(c) The Secretary of State shall examine the application; and, if he finds that it substantially complies with the requirements of this section, he shall receive and file it and record it in an appropriate book of records in his office.(Acts 1965, 1st Ex. Sess., No. 243, p. 331, §4.)