2018 Code of Alabama
Title 16 - EDUCATION.
Chapter 11 - CITY BOARDS OF EDUCATION.
- Section 16-11-1 - "City" defined.
- Section 16-11-2 - Applicability; composition of boards.
- Section 16-11-3 - Election; terms of office; vacancies.
- Section 16-11-3.1 - Board selection procedure in Class 5 municipalities.
- Section 16-11-3.2 - Election and operation of boards in Class 4 municipalities.
- Section 16-11-4 - Office of board.
- Section 16-11-5 - Meetings; officers; rules of procedure; majority vote.
- Section 16-11-6 - Designation and duties of treasurer.
- Section 16-11-7 - Bonds of city superintendent and treasurer.
- Section 16-11-8 - Indebtedness where county unit system adopted.
- Section 16-11-9 - Powers generally.
- Section 16-11-9.1 - Authority to enter into cooperative agreements, programs, etc.
- Section 16-11-10 - Quadrennial census for city.
- Section 16-11-11 - School property vested in board.
- Section 16-11-12 - Acquisition, maintenance, etc., of property - Generally.
- Section 16-11-13 - Acquisition, maintenance, etc., of property - Condemnation.
- Section 16-11-14 - School buses - Purchase.
- Section 16-11-15 - School buses - Operation; school board members not personally liable.
- Section 16-11-16 - Kindergartens and playgrounds; eligibility for admission to public schools.
- Section 16-11-17 - Establishment of salaries; dismissal of employees.
- Section 16-11-19 - Bond issues.
- Section 16-11-20 - Grading and standardization of city schools; courses of study.
- Section 16-11-21 - Forms for reports.
- Section 16-11-22 - Reports of city board to State Board of Education; audit of accounts.
- Section 16-11-23 - Libraries and special schools established and maintained.
- Section 16-11-24 - Annual report published.
- Section 16-11-25 - Allocation of revenue from licenses and taxes.
- Section 16-11-26 - Incidental fees in city elementary schools.
- Section 16-11-27 - Boards of education of certain cities may insure school buildings, property, etc., in fund.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.