2018 Code of Alabama
Title 12 - COURTS.
Chapter 16 - JURIES.
Article 2 - County Jury Commissions.
- Section 12-16-30 - Establishment.
- Section 12-16-31 - Composition; qualifications of members; members may not hold other offices or perform other public duties under federal, state, etc., governments for compensation.
- Section 12-16-32 - Appointment and term of office of members.
- Section 12-16-33 - President of commission; quorum; members to take oath of office and be commissioned prior to entering upon discharge of duties.
- Section 12-16-34 - Compensation of members.
- Section 12-16-35 - Disqualification of member and appointment of successor; filling of vacancies generally.
- Section 12-16-36 - Appointment of persons to act as members of commission in event of absence from state, sickness, etc., of two members.
- Section 12-16-37 - Clerks of commissions - Authority for employment; compensation; clerical assistance.
- Section 12-16-38 - Clerks of commissions - Oath of office.
- Section 12-16-39 - Clerks of commissions - Duties.
- Section 12-16-40 - Clerks of commissions - Clerks to devote such time as required by commissions to performance of duties; clerks not to be paid for Sundays; discharge of clerks.
- Section 12-16-41 - Duty of jury commission as to preparation of jury roll and jury box; entry of juror's name on jury roll, etc.; scanning of registration lists, telephone directories, etc., and visiting of precincts by clerk.
- Section 12-16-42 - Preparation, maintenance, etc., of jury roll, cards and box generally.
- Section 12-16-43 - Qualifications of persons to be placed on jury roll and in jury box generally; service on juries by persons over age 65.
- Section 12-16-44 - Preparation, etc., of separate jury rolls and boxes for courts of territorial subdivisions of counties.
- Section 12-16-45 - Notification of commission as to necessity to refill jury box; emptying and refilling of box by circuit court judge.
- Section 12-16-46 - Certification of new jury roll and refilling of jury box by commission.
- Section 12-16-47 - Certification to commission by court clerks of names of persons empaneled on juries; entry of notation on jury roll by clerk of commission.
- Section 12-16-48 - Certification to commission by court clerks of names of persons found disqualified or exempt from jury service; entry of notation on jury roll by clerk of commission.
- Section 12-16-49 - Taxing of cost of summoning, etc., unqualified person on jury roll against clerk or members of commission.
- Section 12-16-50 - Probate judge to purchase supplies for commission.
- Section 12-16-51 - Failure of clerk or member of commission to perform duty imposed by article; failure of person to attend or testify before commission.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.