2018 Code of Alabama
Title 12 - COURTS.
Chapter 16 - JURIES.
Article 1 - General Provisions.
- Section 12-16-1 - When words "jury" or "juries" include court or judge.
- Section 12-16-2 - Persons exempted from jury duty.
- Section 12-16-3 - Citizens of state, counties, cities, etc., not disqualified as interested in actions in which state, county, city, etc., a party or interested.
- Section 12-16-4 - Repealed by Acts 1978, No. 594, p. 712, §11, effective April 27, 1978.
- Section 12-16-5 - Repealed by Acts 1978, No. 594, p. 712, §11, effective April 27, 1978.
- Section 12-16-6 - Duty of court to ascertain qualifications before administering oath to jurors.
- Section 12-16-7 - Duty of juror to declare personal knowledge as to fact in controversy during trial and proceedings upon such declaration; proceedings upon declaration of fact by juror during retirement of jury.
- Section 12-16-8 - Employees excused from employment; compensation; postponement of service.
- Section 12-16-8.1 - Discharge of employee or adverse employee action.
- Section 12-16-9 - Separation and sequestration of jury in felony cases.
- Section 12-16-10 - Provision of lodging and meals for jurors, etc., when jury kept together without separation overnight, etc.; presumption as to separation of jurors on basis of sex.
- Section 12-16-11 - Charge of court to jury generally.
- Section 12-16-12 - When charge must be written and filed in record.
- Section 12-16-13 - Charges moved for by parties; appeals; general charges.
- Section 12-16-14 - Taking of written evidence by jury on retirement.
- Section 12-16-15 - Polling of jurors and proceedings thereupon.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.