2017 Code of Alabama
Title 12 - COURTS.
Chapter 23 - ALCOHOL AND DRUG ABUSE COURT REFERRAL AND TREATMENT PROGRAM.
- Section 12-23-1 - Short title.
- Section 12-23-2 - Legislative findings and intent.
- Section 12-23-3 - Definitions.
- Section 12-23-4 - Court referral officers or contracting entities; appointment; supervision by Administrative Director of Courts and circuit judges; compensation; duties.
- Section 12-23-5 - Request to enroll in program in lieu of drug prosecution; guidelines; conditions.
- Section 12-23-6 - Authority of courts to refer defendants to education and/or treatment program.
- Section 12-23-7 - Mandatory drug testing at own expense for person convicted of alcohol or drug-related offenses and placed on probation or parole; treatment for persons who fail test; indigents not required to pay.
- Section 12-23-8 - Enforcement.
- Section 12-23-9 - Department of Mental Health to develop policies and procedures; certification.
- Section 12-23-10 - Alcohol and Drug Abuse Court Referral Officer Trust Fund - Established; use.
- Section 12-23-11 - Alcohol and Drug Abuse Court Referral Officer Trust Fund - Purpose of expenditures; effect on other appropriations.
- Section 12-23-12 - Court referral officer assessment fee.
- Section 12-23-13 - Monitoring fee.
- Section 12-23-14 - Eligibility of court referral programs to receive payments from fund.
- Section 12-23-15 - Indigent Offender Alcohol and Drug Treatment Trust Fund - Established fee; sanctions for failure to remit fees.
- Section 12-23-16 - Indigent Offender Alcohol and Drug Treatment Fund - Criteria for eligibility of programs to receive payment from fund.
- Section 12-23-17 - Indigent Offender Alcohol and Drug Treatment Trust Fund - Purpose of expenditures.
- Section 12-23-18 - Waiver of payment of fees for indigents; revocation of waiver; community service in lieu of payment.
- Section 12-23-19 - Exemption from liability.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.