2014 Code of Alabama
Article 1 Alabama Coordinate System.
Title 35 - PROPERTY.
Chapter 2 - SURVEYS.
- Section 35-2-1 - System designated; state divided into east and west zones.
- Section 35-2-2 - Designation of system in land description.
- Section 35-2-3 - Plane coordinates used in system.
- Section 35-2-4 - Description when tract of land lies in both zones.
- Section 35-2-5 - Definition of system by United States coast and geodetic survey adopted.
- Section 35-2-6 - Limitation on recordation of coordinates defining position of point on land boundary; descriptions of monuments, markers, etc.
- Section 35-2-7 - Limitation on use of name of system.
- Section 35-2-8 - Description by reference to subdivision, line or corner of United States public land surveys.
- Section 35-2-9 - Purchaser or mortgagee not required to rely exclusively on description based on system.
- Section 35-2-20 - Creation and purpose.
- Section 35-2-21 - Appointment and qualifications of chief of division.
- Section 35-2-22 - Oath and salary of chief of division; no other lucrative position to be held.
- Section 35-2-23 - Functions and duties of chief of division generally.
- Section 35-2-24 - Functions, duties and responsibilities of Commissioner of Conservation and Natural Resources acting through chief of division.
- Section 35-2-25 - Advisory board - Creation and membership.
- Section 35-2-26 - Advisory board - Terms of members; filling of vacancies.
- Section 35-2-27 - Advisory board - Oath of members; reimbursement for expenses.
- Section 35-2-28 - Advisory board - Chairman; meetings.
- Section 35-2-29 - Advisory board - Duties.
- Section 35-2-30 - Acquisition of land for monuments and office.
- Section 35-2-31 - Custody and ownership of original survey corners and accessories; penalty for alteration or destruction, etc.
- Section 35-2-32 - Right of entry upon private property; liability for damages; immunity from arrest for trespass.
- Section 35-2-33 - Furnishing copies of records; admissibility of division records in court proceedings.
- Section 35-2-34 - Registration of employees; private surveying or consultation not permitted.
- Section 35-2-35 - Production, reproduction or sale of maps, plats, etc.
- Section 35-2-36 - Contracts.
- Section 35-2-37 - Limitation on amount of warrants for payment of expenses and compensation.
- Section 35-2-38 - Extent of surveys or resurveys authorized by article.
- Section 35-2-50 - Survey required; what plat or map must show.
- Section 35-2-51 - Certification, acknowledgment, and recordation of plat or map; copies as evidence; conveyance.
- Section 35-2-52 - Approval of municipal authorities required.
- Section 35-2-53 - Vacation of plat or map by owner of lands.
- Section 35-2-54 - Vacation of streets or alleys by abutting landowners.
- Section 35-2-55 - Validation, ratification and confirmation of vacation of streets, etc.
- Section 35-2-56 - Mutilated, lost or mislaid maps or plats.
- Section 35-2-57 - Duty of probate judge upon recording vacated map or plat.
- Section 35-2-58 - Vacation and annulment of map or plat, etc., by circuit court - Jurisdiction; parties.
- Section 35-2-59 - Vacation and annulment of map or plat, etc., by circuit court - Conduct of proceedings; entry of judgment; appeals.
- Section 35-2-60 - Vacation and annulment of map or plat, etc., by circuit court - Recordation of judgment.
- Section 35-2-61 - Fee for recordation and registration.
- Section 35-2-62 - Remedies not exclusive.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.