2006 Alabama Code - Section 34-27B-4 — State Board of Respiratory Therapy - Functions.
The board shall perform the following functions:
(1) Set respiratory therapy licensure fees, including, but not limited to, application, initial, renewal, and reinstatement fees.
(2) Establish and publish minimum standards of continuing education of respiratory therapy in accordance with those standards developed and accepted by the profession.
(3) Examine for, approve, deny, revoke, suspend, and renew licensure of duly qualified applicants.
(4) Promulgate and publish rules in accordance with the Administrative Procedure Act to administer this chapter.
(5) Conduct hearings on charges calling for the denial, suspension, revocation, or refusal to renew a license.
(6) Maintain an up-to-date list of every person licensed to practice respiratory therapy pursuant to this chapter. The list shall include the last known place of residence and the state license number of the licensee.
(7) Maintain an up-to-date list of persons whose licenses have been suspended, revoked, or denied. The list shall include the name, Social Security number, type, date, and cause of action, penalty incurred, and the length of the penalty. The information on the list, except for Social Security numbers, shall be available for public inspection during reasonable business hours and the information may be shared with others as deemed necessary and acceptable by the board.
(Act 2004-518, §4.)
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.