2006 Code of Virginia § 51.5-19 - Services for groups
51.5-19. Services for groups.
Vocational rehabilitation services provided by the Department for the benefitof groups shall include, to the maximum extent possible with the resourcesavailable to the Department:
1. The establishment, development, or improvement of community rehabilitationprograms;
2. The provision of other services that promise to contribute significantlyto rehabilitation of a group of clients but that are not directly related tothe individualized plan for employment of any one client;
3. The use of telecommunications systems, including telephone, television,satellite, radio, and other similar systems that have the potential forsubstantially improving delivery methods of activities described in thissection and developing appropriate programming to meet the particular needsof individuals with disabilities;
4. Technical assistance and support services to businesses that are notsubject to Title I of the Americans With Disabilities Act of 1990 (42 U.S.C. 12111 et seq.); and
5. Consultative and technical assistance services to assist educationalagencies in planning for the transition of students with disabilities fromschool to post-school activities, including employment.
(1985, c. 421, 51.01-19; 2002, c. 46.)
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Virginia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.