2006 Code of Virginia § 50-73.138 - Registration of foreign registered limited liability partnerships
50-73.138. Registration of foreign registered limited liabilitypartnerships.
A. Before transacting business in the Commonwealth, a foreign registeredlimited liability partnership shall register with the Commission. Anapplicant for registration as a foreign registered limited liabilitypartnership shall file with the Commission a certificate of status from thefiling office in the jurisdiction in which the foreign registered limitedliability partnership is registered and a statement of registration as aforeign limited liability partnership setting forth the information describedin subsection B.
B. A statement of registration as a foreign registered limited liabilitypartnership shall set forth the following:
1. The name of the foreign registered limited liability partnership and, ifthe name of the foreign registered limited liability partnership does notcomply with 50-73.133, a designated name for use in the Commonwealth thatsatisfies the requirements of 50-73.133;
2. The name of the state or other jurisdiction under whose law it is formedand registered as a limited liability partnership, and if the registeredlimited liability partnership was previously authorized or registered totransact business in the Commonwealth as a foreign corporation, limitedliability company, business trust, limited partnership, or registered limitedliability partnership, with respect to every such prior authorization orregistration, (i) the name of the entity; (ii) the entity type; (iii) thestate or other jurisdiction of incorporation, organization or formation; and(iv) the entity identification number issued to it by the Commission;
3. If the partnership is of record with the Commission, the identificationnumber issued by the Commission to the partnership;
4. The address, including the street and number, if any, of its principaloffice;
5. The post office address, including the street and number, if any, of itsinitial registered office, which in the case of a foreign limited partnershipregistered pursuant to Chapter 2.1 ( 50-73.1 et seq.) of this title shall beidentical to the foreign limited partnership's registered office address onrecord with the Commission;
6. The name of the city or county in which the registered office is located;
7. The name of its initial registered agent at that office, which in the caseof a foreign limited partnership registered pursuant to Chapter 2.1 (50-73.1 et seq.) of this title shall be identical to the foreign limitedpartnership's registered agent on record with the Commission, and that theagent is either (i) an individual who is a resident of Virginia and is eithera general partner of the registered limited liability partnership, an officeror director of a corporate general partner of the registered limitedliability partnership, a general partner of a general partner of theregistered limited liability partnership, a member or manager of a limitedliability company that is a general partner of the registered limitedliability partnership, a trustee of a trust that is a general partner of theregistered limited liability partnership, or a member of the Virginia StateBar or (ii) a domestic or foreign stock or nonstock corporation, limitedliability company, or registered limited liability partnership authorized totransact business in the Commonwealth; and
8. That the partnership thereby applies for status as a foreign registeredlimited liability partnership.
C. The Commission shall register as a foreign registered limited liabilitypartnership any partnership that submits a completed statement ofregistration with the required fee.
D. Registration as a foreign registered limited liability partnership iseffective until:
1. The registration is revoked pursuant to subsection C of 50-73.134;
2. The partnership files with the Commission a statement of cancellation ofregistration under 50-73.139; or
3. The registration is revoked pursuant to subsection B of 50-73.137:1.
(1996, c. 292; 2002, c. 441; 2003, c. 378; 2004, c. 274.)
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Virginia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.