2006 Code of Virginia § 18.2-403.2 - Offenses involving animals - Class 3 misdemeanors
18.2-403.2. Offenses involving animals - Class 3 misdemeanors.
The following unlawful acts and offenses against animals shall constitute andbe punished as a Class 3 misdemeanor:
1. Violation of 3.1-796.71 pertaining to the failure of a shopkeeper or petdealer to provide adequate care to animals.
2. Violation of 3.1-796.72 pertaining to the misrepresentation of ananimal's condition by the shopkeeper or pet dealer.
3. Violation of 3.1-796.73 pertaining to the abandonment of animals.
4. Violation of 3.1-796.70 pertaining to the sale of baby fowl.
5. Violation of 3.1-796.125 pertaining to fighting cocks, dogs and otheranimals.
6. Violation of clause (iii) of subsection A of 3.1-796.122 pertaining tosoring horses.
7. Violation of 3.1-796.83:2 pertaining to notice of consumer remediesrequired to be supplied by boarding establishments.
(1984, c. 492; 1992, c. 177; 1993, c. 174; 1999, c. 620; 2003, c. 787.)
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Virginia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.