2006 Code of Virginia § 13.1-759 - Application for certificate of authority
13.1-759. Application for certificate of authority.
A. A foreign corporation may apply to the Commission for a certificate ofauthority to transact business in the Commonwealth. The application shall bemade on forms prescribed and furnished by the Commission. The applicationshall set forth:
1. The name of the corporation, and if the corporation is prevented by 13.1-762 from using its own name in the Commonwealth, a designated name thatsatisfies the requirements of subsection B of 13.1-762;
2. The name of the state or other jurisdiction under whose law it isincorporated, and if the corporation was previously authorized or registeredto transact business in the Commonwealth as a foreign corporation, limitedliability company, business trust, limited partnership, or registered limitedliability partnership, with respect to every such prior authorization orregistration, (i) the name of the entity; (ii) the entity type; (iii) thestate or other jurisdiction of incorporation, organization, or formation; and(iv) the entity identification number issued to it by the Commission;
3. The date of incorporation and period of duration;
4. The street address of the foreign corporation's principal office;
5. The address of the proposed registered office of the foreign corporationin the Commonwealth (including both (i) the post office address with streetand number, if any, and (ii) the name of the county or city in which it islocated) and the name of its proposed registered agent in the Commonwealth atsuch address and that the registered agent is either (a) an individual who isa resident of Virginia and either an officer or director of the corporationor a member of the Virginia State Bar or (b) a domestic or foreign stock ornonstock corporation, limited liability company, or registered limitedliability partnership authorized to transact business in the Commonwealth,the business office of which is identical with the registered office;
6. The names and usual business addresses of the current directors andofficers of the foreign corporation; and
7. The number of shares the corporation is authorized to issue, itemized byclasses and series, if any, within a class.
B. The foreign corporation shall deliver with the completed application acopy of its articles of incorporation and all amendments thereto dulyauthenticated by the Secretary of State or other official having custody ofcorporate records in the state or other jurisdiction under whose law it isincorporated.
C. If the Commission finds that the application complies with therequirements of law and that all required fees have been paid, it shall issuea certificate of authority to transact business in the Commonwealth.
(Code 1950, 13.1-106, 13.1-107; 1956, c. 428; 1958, c. 564; 1975, c. 500;1985, c. 522; 1994, c. 348; 2001, cc. 517, 541; 2002, c. 497; 2004, c. 274.)
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Virginia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.