2010 Tennessee Code
Title 37 - Juveniles
Chapter 1 - Juvenile Courts and Proceedings
Part 4 - Mandatory Child Abuse Reports
- 37-1-401 - Part definitions.
- 37-1-402 - Purpose and construction of part.
- 37-1-403 - Reporting of brutality, abuse, neglect or child sexual abuse Notification to parents of abuse on school grounds or under school supervision Confidentiality of records.
- 37-1-404 - Retention of custody of child by hospital or physician Protective custody.
- 37-1-405 - Reference of reported cases to local director Notice to judge.
- 37-1-406 - Availability for receiving reports Commencement of investigations Examination and observation of child Reports Services provided.
- 37-1-407 - [Repealed.]
- 37-1-408 - [Repealed.]
- 37-1-409 - Reports confidential Authorized access to information Penalty for violation.
- 37-1-410 - Immunity from civil or criminal liability for reporting abuse Damages for employment change because of making report.
- 37-1-411 - Evidentiary privileges not applicable to child abuse cases.
- 37-1-412 - Violation of duty to report Power of juvenile court Penalty.
- 37-1-413 - False reporting of child sexual abuse or false accusation that a child has sustained any wound, injury, disability or physical or mental condition caused by brutality, abuse or neglect Penalty.
- 37-1-414 - Persons working with children Fingerprinting Release of investigative and criminal records.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Tennessee may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.