2011 South Dakota Code
Title 58 INSURANCE
Chapter 18. Group And Blanket Health Insurance Policies
§58-18-84 Diabetes coverage not required of certain plans and policies.
58-18-84. Diabetes coverage not required of certain plans and policies. The provisions of § 58-18-83 do not apply to any plan, policy, or contract that provides coverage only for:
(1) Specified disease;
(2) Hospital indemnity;
(3) Fixed indemnity;
(8) Prescription drug;
(9) Medicare supplement;
(10) Long-term care;
(11) Disability income insurance;
(12) Coverage issued as a supplement to liability insurance;
(13) Workers' compensation or similar insurance;
(14) Automobile medical payment insurance;
(15) Individual health benefit plans of six-months duration or less that are not renewable; or
(16) Individual nonmajor medical insurance.
Source: SL 1999, ch 252, § 4.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. South Dakota may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.