2011 Missouri Revised Statutes
TITLE XXX DOMESTIC RELATIONS
Chapter 453 Adoption and Foster Care
Section 453.014. Who may place minor for adoption--rules and regulations, authority.
Who may place minor for adoption--rules and regulations, authority.
453.014. 1. The following persons may place a minor for adoption:
(1) The division of family services of the department of social services;
(2) A child placing agency licensed pursuant to sections 210.481 to 210.536;
(3) The child's parents, without the direct or indirect assistance of an intermediary, in the home of a relative of the child within the third degree;
(4) An intermediary, which shall include an attorney licensed pursuant to chapter 484; a physician licensed pursuant to chapter 334; or a clergyman of the parents.
2. All persons granted the authority to place a minor child for adoption as designated in subdivision (1), (2) or (4) of subsection* 1 of this section shall comply with the rules and regulations promulgated by the department of social services and the department of health and senior services for such placement.
3. The department of social services, division of family services and the department of health and senior services shall promulgate rules and regulations regarding the placement of a minor for adoption.
4. No rule or portion of a rule promulgated under the authority of this section shall become effective unless it has been promulgated pursuant to the provisions of section 536.024.
(L. 1989 H.B. 51, A.L. 1997 H.B. 343)
*Original rolls contain the word "section".
Annotation Copyright Missouri Joint Committee on Legislative Research
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Missouri may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.