2011 Louisiana Laws
TITLE 37 — Professions and occupations
RS 37:921 — Grounds for disciplinary proceedings
§921. Grounds for disciplinary proceedings
The board may deny, revoke, suspend, probate, limit, or restrict any license to practice as a registered nurse or an advanced practice registered nurse, impose fines, and assess costs, or otherwise discipline a licensee and the board may limit, restrict, delay, or deny a student nurse from entering or continuing the clinical phase of nursing education upon proof that the licensee or student nurse:
(1) Is guilty of selling or attempting to sell, falsely obtaining, or furnishing any nursing diploma or license to practice as a registered nurse.
(2) Is convicted of a crime or offense which reflects the inability of the nurse to practice nursing with due regard for the health and safety of clients or patients or enters a plea of guilty or nolo contendere to a criminal charge regardless of final disposition of the criminal proceeding, including, but not limited to, expungement or nonadjudication.
(3) Is unfit or incompetent by reason of negligence, habit, or other cause.
(4) Has demonstrated actual or potential inability to practice nursing with reasonable skill and safety to individuals because of use of alcohol or drugs; or has demonstrated inability to practice nursing with reasonable skill and safety to individuals because of illness or as a result of any mental or physical condition.
(5) Is guilty of aiding or abetting anyone in the violation of any provisions of this Part.
(6) Is mentally incompetent.
(7) Has had a license to practice nursing or to practice as another health care provider denied, revoked, suspended, or otherwise restricted.
(8) Is guilty of moral turpitude.
(9) Has violated any provision of this Part.
Acts 1976, No. 351, §1; Acts 1995, No. 633, §1, eff. Jan. 1, 1996; Acts 1999, No. 315, §1, eff. June 16, 1999.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Louisiana may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.