2016 Kansas Statutes
Chapter 72 SCHOOLS
Article 44 CAREER TECHNICAL EDUCATION
72-4467 Kansas technology innovation and internship program, establishment; administration; purposes; grants, award and conditions; rules and regulations.
72-4467. Kansas technology innovation and internship program, establishment; administration; purposes; grants, award and conditions; rules and regulations. (a) There is hereby established the Kansas technology innovation and internship program to be administered by the board. The purposes of the program is to provide grants to career technical education institutions for:
(1) Start-up support for innovative technical courses or programs in emerging technologies, manufacturing or areas of skill shortages; or
(2) internships to enable faculty of the career technical education institutions to work in an industrial setting or to enable industrial employees to work in an educational setting at such career technical education institutions.
(b) Grants awarded under the provisions of this act shall be subject to the following conditions:
(1) Private business must provide financial or in-kind support, or any combination thereof, to the career technical educational institutions equaling 100% of the amount of the grant; and
(2) the technical course or program must be new to Kansas, or, if an equivalent course or program is already in existence in Kansas, the new course or program is not offered at a site within 100 miles of a site at which the existing, equivalent course or program is offered; and
(3) the technical course or program must relate to a business or industry located in the service area of the career technical educational institution.
(c) Subject to the provisions of appropriations acts and in accordance with the provisions of this act, the board may provide grants to career technical educational institutions for the purposes provided for in this act.
(d) The board shall adopt rules and regulations for the administration of the program, including the establishment of grant eligibility criteria.
History: L. 1991, ch. 216, § 2; L. 2009, ch. 24, § 21; July 1.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Kansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.