2010 Hawaii Code
DIVISION 2. BUSINESS
TITLE 26. TRADE REGULATION AND PRACTICE
489N. International Matchmaking Organizations
§489N-2 Dissemination of criminal record and marital history information.
§489N-2 Dissemination of criminal record and marital history information. (a) Each international matchmaking organization doing business in this State shall:
(1) Notify all recruits that criminal history record information and marital history information is available upon request;
(2) Provide the notice required by paragraph (1) in the recruit's native language and display it in a manner that separates it from other information, is conspicuous, and in lettering not less than one-quarter of an inch high;
(3) Upon request, disseminate to a recruit in the recruit's native language all criminal conviction information and marital history information in the possession of the international matchmaking organization relating to a Hawaii resident about whom any information is provided to the recruit;
(4) Require a Hawaii resident requesting the services of an international matchmaking organization to submit or authorize the international matchmaking organization access to the resident's complete criminal history and marital history information; and
(5) Submit an annual report on its business activities to the department of commerce and consumer affairs.
(b) Upon receipt of a request for criminal conviction or marital history information from a recruit, an international matchmaking organization shall refrain from providing any further services to the recruit or the Hawaii resident with regard to facilitating future interaction between the recruit and the Hawaii resident until the Hawaii resident has submitted to the organization:
(1) The complete transcript of any criminal history record of the Hawaii resident or a statement that there is no record of convictions; provided that these are obtained from the Hawaii criminal justice data center based on a submission of fingerprint impressions and sent directly to the organization by the Hawaii criminal justice data center; and
(2) The Hawaii resident's marital history information, accompanied by an affirmation by the Hawaii resident that any marital history information provided is complete and accurate and includes information regarding the Hawaii resident's marriages, annulments, dissolutions, and the number of domestic abuse orders of protection issued against the Hawaii resident that occurred in this State or in any other state or country. [L 2003, c 149, pt of §1; am L 2006, c 74, §2]
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Hawaii may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.