Article IX - Education
- Section 1(a) Free public schools—age limit.
- Section 1(b) Specific schools—adult education.
- Section 2(a) State board of education—number and appointment of members—political affiliation—terms—reimbursement and compensation.
- Section 2(b) Commissioner of education—qualification, duties and compensation—appointment and compensation of professional staff—powers and duties of state board of education.
- Section 3(a) Payment and distribution of appropriations and income.
- Section 3(b) Deficiency in provision for eight-month school year—allotment of state revenue for school purposes.
- Section 3(c) Racial discrimination in employment of teachers.
- Section 4 Public school and seminary funds—certificates of indebtedness— renewals—liquidation—legal investment of funds—tax levy for interest.
- Section 5 Public school fund—sources—payment into state treasury—investment—limitation on use of income.
- Section 6 Seminary fund—sources—payment into state treasury—investment—limitation on use of income.
- Section 7 County and township school funds—liquidation and reinvestment— optional distribution on liquidation—annual distribution of income and receipts.
- Section 8 Prohibition of public aid for religious purposes and institutions.
- Section 9(a) State university—government by board of curators—number and appointment.
- Section 9(b) Maintenance of state university and other educational institutions.
- Section 10 Free public libraries—declaration of policy—state aid to local public libraries.
Disclaimer: This Constitution may not be the most recent version. Missouri may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.