AMENDMENT 674 RATIFIED
Bingo Games in Lowndes County.
(a) The operation of bingo games for prizes or money by nonprofit organizations for charitable, educational, or other lawful purposes shall be legal in The Town of White Hall that is located in Lowndes County, subject to any resolution or ordinance by the town council. The town council shall have the authority to promulgate rules and regulations for the licensing and operation of bingo games, within its respective jurisdictions provided, however, the town council shall insure compliance pursuant to any ordinance and the following provisions:
(1) No person under the age of 18 years shall be permitted to play any game or games of bingo, nor shall any person under the age of 19 years be permitted to conduct or assist in the operation of any game of bingo.
(2) No bingo license shall be issued to any nonprofit organization, unless the organization shall have been in existence for at least two years immediately prior to the issuance of the permit or license.
(3) Bingo games shall be operated only on the premises owned or leased by the nonprofit organization operating the bingo game. If the premises are leased, the rate of rental shall not be based on a percentage of receipts or profits resulting from the operation of bingo games.
(4) No nonprofit organization shall enter into any contract with any individual, firm, association, or corporation to have the individual or entity operate bingo games or concessions on behalf of the nonprofit organization. No nonprofit organization shall pay consulting fees to any individual or entity for any services performed in relation to the operation or conduct of a bingo game.
(5) A nonprofit organization shall not lend its name or allow its identity to be used by another person or entity in the operating or advertising of a bingo game in which the nonprofit organization is not directly and solely operating the bingo game.
(6) Prizes given by any nonprofit organization for the playing of bingo games shall not exceed the cash amount or gifts of equivalent value set by regulations.
(7) No person or organization, by whatever name or composition thereof, shall take any expense for the operation of a bingo game except as permitted by law.
(b) The town council may provide for the implementation of this amendment by the adoption of any resolution or ordinance as provided heretofore.
(8) Any person who violates the regulations provided under the provisions of this amendment shall be guilty of a Class C misdemeanor upon the first conviction under this amendment and any subsequent violation shall be a Class A misdemeanor.