AMENDMENT 549 RATIFIED
Bingo Games in Walker County.
The operation of bingo games for prizes or money by certain nonprofit organizations for charitable, educational, or other lawful purposes shall be legal outside of the corporate limits of the City of Jasper in Walker County, subject to any resolution by the county governing body as provided by law regulating the operation of bingo. The governing body may promulgate rules and regulations for issuing permits or licenses, and for operating bingo games, within its respective jurisdiction. The county governing body shall insure compliance pursuant to any ordinance and the following:
(1) No person under the age of 19 shall be permitted to play any game or games of bingo, unless accompanied by a parent or guardian. No person under the age of 19 shall be permitted to conduct or assist in the conduct of any game of bingo.
(2) No bingo permit or license shall be issued to any nonprofit organization, unless the organization shall have been in existence for at least 60 months and owned real property at least five years immediately prior to issuing the permit or license.
(3) Bingo games shall be operated only on the premises owned or leased by the nonprofit organization operating the bingo game. If the premises are leased, the rate or rental shall not be based on a percentage of receipts or profits resulting from operating the bingo games.
(4) No nonprofit organization shall enter into any contract with any individual, firm, association, or corporation to have the individual or entity operate bingo games or concessions on behalf of the nonprofit organization. No nonprofit organization may pay consulting fees to any individual or entity for any services performed relating to operating or conducting any bingo game.
(5) A nonprofit organization shall not lend its name or allow any other person or entity to use its identity in operating or advertising a bingo game in which the nonprofit organization is not directly and solely operating the bingo game.
(6) Prizes given by any qualified nonprofit organization for playing bingo games shall not exceed the cash amount or gifts of equivalent value, set by the Legislature, during any bingo session. The Legislature shall set a maximum amount for any calendar week.
(7) No person or organization, by whatever name or composition, shall take any expenses for operating a bingo game except as permitted by law.