2021 Wyoming Statutes
Title 1 - Code of Civil Procedure
Chapter 16 - Judgments Generally
Article 6 - Wyoming Structured Settlement Protection Act
Section 1-16-606 - Procedure for Approval of Transfers.

Universal Citation: WY Stat § 1-16-606 (2021)

1-16-606. Procedure for approval of transfers.

(a) An application under this act for approval of a transfer of structured settlement payment rights shall be made by the transferee and may be brought in the Wyoming district court that approved the structured settlement payment rights, or the Wyoming district court in the county where the payee resides without regard to where the structured settlement payment rights may have accrued.

(b) Not less than twenty (20) days prior to the scheduled hearing on an application for approval of a transfer of structured settlement payment rights under W.S. 1-16-604, the transferee shall file with the court and serve all interested parties a notice of the proposed transfer and application for its authorization, including with the notice:

(i) A copy of the transferee's application for transfer;

(ii) A copy of the transfer agreement;

(iii) A copy of the disclosure statement required under W.S. 1-16-603;

(iv) A listing of each of the payee's dependents, together with each dependent's age and date of birth;

(v) Notification that any interested party may support, oppose or otherwise respond to the transferee's application, either in person or by counsel, by submitting written comments to the court or by participating in the hearing; and

(vi) Notification of the time and place of the hearing and notification of the manner in which and the time by which written responses to the application shall be filed, which time shall be not less than fifteen (15) days after service of the transferee's notice, in order to be considered by the court.

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Wyoming may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.