2019 Wyoming Statutes
Title 31 - Motor Vehicles
Chapter 2 - Title and Registration
Article 5 - Mobile Homes
Section 31-2-508 - Payment of Taxes, Receipt and Over-Width Permit for Transportable Homes.

Universal Citation: WY Stat § 31-2-508 (2019)

31-2-508. Payment of taxes, receipt and over-width permit for transportable homes.

Before any transportable home or portion thereof, whose original movement commences within the state of Wyoming is conveyed upon any street or highway, the owner shall present a proof of ownership for each portion of a prebuilt or modular home, or a certificate of title or copy of the certificate of title if for a mobile home, to the county treasurer of the county in which the transportable home is located, and pay the current year's taxes as computed by the county treasurer. If a copy of the certificate of title is presented, the county treasurer shall verify that the copy is a true and accurate copy of the current title issued for the mobile home. In the event the ad valorem levy has not been set for the current year, the current year's tax shall be computed upon the levy for the previous year. Upon full payment of the current year's taxes due, the county treasurer shall issue a receipt describing the transportable home, indicating that a copy of the certificate of title was verified if applicable and indicating the current year's taxes are paid. Upon presentation of the receipt to the director of the department of transportation, or his authorized representative, the owner may be issued an over-width permit. Payment of the taxes due on a transportable home is not required for the issuance of an over-width permit if the transportable home is abandoned and is moved pursuant to W.S. 31-13-101 through 31-13-116. As used in this section, "transportable home" means as defined in W.S. 31-1-101(a)(xxiv).

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Wyoming may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.