2018 Wyoming Statutes
TITLE 14 - CHILDREN
CHAPTER 6 - JUVENILES
ARTICLE 4 - CHILDREN IN NEED OF SUPERVISON ACT
- SECTION 14-6-401 - Short title.
- SECTION 14-6-402 - Definitions.
- SECTION 14-6-403 - Juvenile court authority over certain issues.
- SECTION 14-6-404 - Venue; change of venue or judge.
- SECTION 14-6-405 - Taking of child into custody; when permitted.
- SECTION 14-6-406 - Child in custody; no detention or shelter care placement without court order; exceptions; notice to parent or guardian; release.
- SECTION 14-6-407 - Detention or shelter care; delivery of child pending hearing; placing children; notice if no court order.
- SECTION 14-6-408 - Notice of detention or shelter care to be given district attorney; written statement required; duty of district attorney.
- SECTION 14-6-409 - Taking of child into custody; informal hearing where no court order; conditional release; evidence; rehearing.
- SECTION 14-6-410 - Hearing conducted by commissioner; authority and duty; review by court.
- SECTION 14-6-411 - Complaints alleging child in need of supervision; investigation and determination by district attorney.
- SECTION 14-6-412 - Commencement of proceedings; contents of petition.
- SECTION 14-6-413 - Order to appear; contents thereof; when child taken into immediate custody; waiver of service.
- SECTION 14-6-414 - Service of process; order of custody.
- SECTION 14-6-415 - Presence of parent, custodian or guardian at hearing; failure to appear; avoidance of service; issuance of bench warrant.
- SECTION 14-6-416 - Appointment of guardian ad litem.
- SECTION 14-6-417 - Subpoenas for witnesses and evidence.
- SECTION 14-6-418 - Search warrant; when authorized; affidavit required; contents of affidavit and warrant; service and return.
- SECTION 14-6-419 - Physical and mental examinations.
- SECTION 14-6-420 - Emergency medical, surgical or dental examination or treatment.
- SECTION 14-6-421 - Reports of medical or mental examinations; use of results; copies.
- SECTION 14-6-422 - Advising of right to counsel required; appointment of counsel; verification of financial condition.
- SECTION 14-6-423 - Rights of parties generally; demand for and conduct of jury trial.
- SECTION 14-6-424 - Conduct of hearings generally; exclusion of general public and child; exceptions; consolidations permitted.
- SECTION 14-6-425 - Burden of proof required; verdict of jury; effect thereof.
- SECTION 14-6-426 - Initial appearance; adjudicatory hearing; entry of decree and disposition; evidentiary matters; continuance of disposition hearing.
- SECTION 14-6-427 - Predisposition studies and reports.
- SECTION 14-6-428 - Abeyance of proceedings by consent decree; term of decree; reinstatement of proceedings; effect of discharge or completing term.
- SECTION 14-6-429 - Decree where child adjudged in need of supervision; dispositions; terms and conditions; legal custody.
- SECTION 14-6-430 - Orders of protection; requirements.
- SECTION 14-6-431 - Duration of orders of disposition; termination of orders.
- SECTION 14-6-432 - Appeal; right generally; transcript provided; cost thereof.
- SECTION 14-6-433 - Stay of orders pending appeal; securing of payment; staying transfer of legal custody.
- SECTION 14-6-434 - Fees, costs and expenses.
- SECTION 14-6-435 - Ordering payment for support and treatment of child; how paid; enforcement.
- SECTION 14-6-436 - Proceedings deemed in equity.
- SECTION 14-6-437 - Records and reports confidential; inspection.
- SECTION 14-6-438 - Liability for contempt; penalties.
- SECTION 14-6-439 - Separate docket for juvenile cases; availability of records for statistics.
- SECTION 14-6-440 - Expungement of records in juvenile court.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Wyoming may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.