2014 Wyoming Statutes
TITLE 14 - CHILDREN
CHAPTER 3 - PROTECTION
ARTICLE 4 - CHILD PROTECTION ACT
- 14-3-401. Short title.
- 14-3-402. Definitions.
- 14-3-403. Juvenile court authority over certain issues.
- 14-3-404. Venue; change of venue or judge.
- 14-3-405. Taking of child into custody; when permitted.
- 14-3-406. Child in custody; no shelter care placement without court order; exceptions; notice to parent or guardian; release.
- 14-3-407. Shelter care; delivery of child pending hearing; placing children; notice if no court order.
- 14-3-408. Notice of shelter care to be given district attorney; written statement required; duty of district attorney.
- 14-3-409. Taking of child into custody; shelter care hearing where no court order; conditional release; evidence; rehearing.
- 14-3-410. Shelter care hearing conducted by commissioner; authority and duty; review by court.
- 14-3-411. Complaints alleging neglect; investigation and determination by district attorney.
- 14-3-412. Commencement of proceedings; contents of petition.
- 14-3-413. Order to appear; contents thereof; when child taken into immediate custody; waiver of service.
- 14-3-414. Service of process; order of custody.
- 14-3-415. Presence of parent, custodian or guardian at hearing; failure to appear; avoidance of service; issuance of bench warrant.
- 14-3-416. Appointment of guardian ad litem.
- 14-3-417. Subpoenas for witnesses and evidence.
- 14-3-418. Search warrant; when authorized; affidavit required; contents of affidavit and warrant; service and return.
- 14-3-419. Physical and mental examinations.
- 14-3-420. Emergency medical, surgical or dental examination or treatment.
- 14-3-421. Reports of medical or mental examinations; use of results; copies.
- 14-3-422. Advising of right to counsel required; appointment of counsel; verification of financial condition.
- 14-3-423. Rights of parties generally; demand for and conduct of jury trial.
- 14-3-424. Conduct of hearings generally; exclusion of general public and child; exceptions; consolidations, continuances or deferrals permitted.
- 14-3-425. Burden of proof required; verdict of jury; effect thereof.
- 14-3-426. Initial hearing; adjudicatory hearing; entry of decree and disposition; evidentiary matters; continuance of disposition hearing.
- 14-3-427. Predisposition studies and reports.
- 14-3-428. Abeyance of proceedings by consent decree; term of decree; reinstatement of proceedings; effect of discharge or completing term.
- 14-3-429. Decree where child adjudged neglected; dispositions; terms and conditions; legal custody.
- 14-3-430. Orders of protection; requirements.
- 14-3-431. Duration of orders of disposition; termination of orders; permanency hearings; petition for termination of parental rights.
- 14-3-432. Appeal; right generally; transcript provided; cost thereof.
- 14-3-433. Stay of orders pending appeal; securing of payment; staying transfer of legal custody.
- 14-3-434. Fees, costs and expenses.
- 14-3-435. Ordering payment for support and treatment of child; how paid; enforcement.
- 14-3-436. Proceedings deemed in equity.
- 14-3-437. Records and reports confidential; inspection.
- 14-3-438. Liability for contempt; penalties.
- 14-3-439. Separate docket for juvenile cases; availability of records for statistics.
- 14-3-440. Reasonable efforts for family reunification; exceptions.
- 14-3-441. Confidentiality in court proceedings.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Wyoming may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.