2012 Wyoming Statutes
22-29-307. Change in boundaries of districts; exclusion of property from district.

WY Stat § 22-29-307 (through 2012) What's This?

Any owner of property that is subject to assessment and payment of tax by a special district, but who is precluded by applicable state or federal law, rule or regulation from using the services provided by the district, may file with the board of county commissioners a petition praying that such lands be excluded from assessment by said district. Petitions shall describe the property which the petitioners desire to have excluded. Such petition must be accompanied by a deposit of money sufficient to pay all costs of the exclusion proceedings. The county commissioners shall cause a notice of filing of such petition to be published, which notice shall state the filing of such petition, the name of petitioners, description of the property mentioned in said petition, and the prayer of said petitioners; and it shall notify all persons interested to appear at the office of said board at the time named in said notice, showing cause in writing, if any they have, why said petition should not be granted. The board at the time and place mentioned in the notice, or at the times to which the hearing of said petition may be adjourned, shall proceed to hear the petition and all objections thereto, presented in writing by any person showing cause why the prayer of the petition should not be granted. The filing by such petition shall be deemed and taken as an assent by each and all such petitioners to the exclusion from the district of the property mentioned in the petition or any part thereof. The exclusion shall be allowed if an owner of assessed property is precluded by applicable state or federal law, rule, or regulation from using the services provided by the district. This section shall be applicable only to petitions filed in accordance with the provisions of this section on or before March 31, 1999.

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Wyoming may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.