2011 Wyoming Statutes
31-9-404. Nonresidents.

WY Stat § 31-9-404 (1997 through Reg Sess) What's This?

(a) The nonresident owner of a motor vehicle not registered in this state may give proof of financial responsibility by filing with the division a written certificate of an insurance carrier authorized to transact business in the state in which the motor vehicle described in the certificate is registered, or if the nonresident does not own a motor vehicle, then in the state in which the insured resides, if the certificate otherwise conforms to the provisions of this act. The division shall accept the certificate upon condition that the insurance carrier complies with the following provisions with respect to the policies certified:

(i) The insurance carrier shall execute a power of attorney authorizing the division to accept service on its behalf of notice or process in any action arising out of a motor vehicle accident in this state;

(ii) The insurance carrier shall agree in writing that the policies shall be deemed to conform with the laws of this state relating to the terms of motor vehicle liability policies issued herein.

(b) If any insurance carrier not authorized to transact business in this state, which has qualified to furnish proof of financial responsibility, defaults in any undertaking or agreement, the division shall not accept as proof any certificate of the carrier so long as the default continues.

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Wyoming may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.