2011 Wyoming Statutes
31-7-106. License required; limited to one license.

WY Stat § 31-7-106 (1997 through Reg Sess) What's This?

(a) No person, unless exempt under this act shall drive, steer or exercise any degree of physical control of any motor vehicle or a vehicle being towed by a motor vehicle upon a highway in this state unless the person has been issued a driver's license for the class and type and applicable endorsements valid for the motor vehicle being driven.

(b) Repealed by Laws 1989, ch 176, 3.

(c) No person shall have more than one (1) valid driver's license at any time. A person shall surrender to the division all valid driver's licenses in his possession or any person who has been previously licensed in this or any other state who does not have in their possession the license previously issued in this or any other state shall complete an affidavit of "No License in Possession", before receiving a driver's license under this act.

(d) The division shall:

(i) Notify the issuing jurisdiction that the licensee is now licensed in Wyoming and, if requested by the issuing jurisdiction, return any surrendered license to the issuing jurisdiction together with information if the licensee is now licensed in Wyoming; or

(ii) Send a copy of the affidavit of "No License in Possession" to the issuing jurisdiction together with information the licensee is now licensed in Wyoming.

(e) The division shall issue a driver's license to each qualified applicant not later than sixty (60) days from the date of the completed application.

(f) Any person licensed as a driver under this act may exercise the privilege upon all streets and highways in this state and shall not be required to obtain any other license from any county, municipal or local board, or any other body having authority to adopt local regulations.

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Wyoming may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.