2011 Wyoming Statutes
12-1-101. Definitions.

WY Stat § 12-1-101 (1997 through Reg Sess) What's This?

(a) As used in this title:

(i) "Alcoholic liquor" means any spirituous or fermented fluid, substance or compound other than malt beverage intended for beverage purposes which contains at least one-half of one percent (.5%) of alcohol by volume. As used in this paragraph, "beverage" does not include liquid filled candies containing less than six and one-quarter percent (6.25%) of alcohol by volume;

(ii) "Building" means a roofed and walled structure built or set in place for permanent use;

(iii) "Club" means any of the following organizations:

(A) A post, charter, camp or other local unit composed only of veterans and its duly organized auxiliary, chartered by the Congress of the United States for patriotic, fraternal or benevolent purposes and, as the owner, lessee or occupant, operates an establishment for these purposes within the state;

(B) A chapter, lodge or other local unit of an American national fraternal organization and, as the owner, lessee or occupant, operates an establishment for fraternal purposes within the state. As used in this subparagraph, an American fraternal organization means an organization actively operating in not less than thirty-six (36) states or having been in active continuous existence for not less than twenty (20) years, but does not mean a college fraternity;

(C) A hall or building association of a local unit specified in subparagraphs (A) and (B) of this paragraph, of which all of the capital stock is owned by the local unit or its members, operating clubroom facilities for the local unit;

(D) A golf club having more than fifty (50) bona fide members and owning, maintaining or operating a bona fide golf course together with a clubhouse;

(E) A social club with more than one hundred (100) bona fide members who are residents of the county in which it is located, owning, maintaining or operating club quarters, incorporated and operating solely as a nonprofit corporation under the laws of this state and qualified as a tax exempt organization under the Internal Revenue Service Code and having been continuously operating for a period of not less than one (1) year. The club shall have had during this one (1) year period a bona fide membership paying dues of at least twenty-five dollars ($25.00) per year as recorded by the secretary of the club, quarterly meetings and an actively engaged membership carrying out the objects of the club. A social club shall, upon applying for a license, file with the licensing authority and the commission, a true copy of its bylaws and shall further, upon applying for a renewal of its license, file with the licensing authority and the commission a detailed statement of its activities during the preceding year which were undertaken or furthered in pursuit of the objects of the club together with an itemized statement of amounts expended for such activities. Club members, at the time of application for a limited retail liquor license pursuant to W.S. 12-4-301, shall be in good standing by having paid at least one (1) full year in dues;

(F) Club does not mean college fraternities or labor unions;

(G) A political subdivision of this state owning, maintaining or operating a bona fide golf course together with a clubhouse.

(iv) "Commission" means the Wyoming liquor division within the department of revenue created under W.S. 12-2-106;

(v) Repealed by Laws 1985, ch. 92, 3;

(vi) "Industry representative" means and includes all wholesalers, manufacturers, rectifiers, distillers and breweries dealing in alcoholic liquor or malt beverage, and proscriptions upon their conduct shall include conduct by a subsidiary, affiliate, officer, director, employee, agent, broker or any firm member of such entity;

(vii) "Intoxicating liquor", "alcoholic liquor", "alcoholic beverage" and "spirituous liquor" are construed as synonymous in meaning and definition;

(viii) "Licensee" means a person holding a:

(A) Retail liquor license;

(B) Limited retail liquor license;

(C) Resort liquor license;

(D) County retail malt beverage permit;

(E) Malt beverage permit;

(F) Restaurant liquor license;

(G) Catering permit; or

(H) Bar and grill liquor license.

(ix) "Licensing authority" means the governing body of an incorporated city, town or county in Wyoming with the responsibility to issue, control and administer a particular license, or the commission;

(x) "Malt beverage" means any fluid, substance or compound intended for beverage purposes manufactured from malt, wholly or in part, or from any substitute therefor, containing at least one-half of one percent (.5%) of alcohol by volume;

(xi) "Original package" means any receptacle or container used or labeled by the manufacturer of the substance, containing any alcoholic liquors or malt beverages;

(xii) "Person" includes an individual person, partnership, corporation, limited liability company or any other association or entity, public or private;

(xiii) "Resident" means a domiciled resident and citizen of Wyoming for a period of not less than one (1) year who has not claimed residency elsewhere for any purpose within a one (1) year period immediately preceding the date of application for any license or permit authorized under this title;

(xiv) "Restaurant" means space in a building maintained, advertised and held out to the public as a place where individually priced meals are prepared and served primarily for on-premise consumption and where the primary source of revenue from the operation is from the sale of food and not from the sale of alcoholic or malt beverages. The building shall have a dining room or rooms, a kitchen and the number and kinds of employees necessary for the preparing, cooking and serving of meals in order to satisfy the licensing authority that the space is intended for use as a full service restaurant. "Full service restaurant" means a restaurant at which waiters or waitresses deliver food and drink offered from a printed food menu to patrons at tables or booths. The service of only fry orders or such food and victuals as sandwiches, hamburgers or salads shall not be deemed a restaurant for the purposes of this section;

(xv) "Room" means an enclosed and partitioned space within a building large enough for a person to enter but not a cabinet. Partitions may contain windows and doorways, but any partition shall extend from floor to ceiling;

(xvi) "Sell" or "sale" includes offering for sale, trafficking in, bartering, delivering or dispensing and pouring for value, exchanging for goods, services or patronage or an exchange in any way other than purely gratuitously. Every delivery of any alcoholic liquor or malt beverage made otherwise than by gift constitutes a sale;

(xvii) "Wholesaler" means any person except the commission, who sells any alcoholic or malt beverage to a retailer for resale;

(xviii) "Brewery" means a commercial enterprise at a single location producing malt beverage in quantities to exceed fifteen thousand (15,000) barrels per year;

(xix) "Microbrewery" means a commercial enterprise at a single location producing malt beverage in quantities not to exceed fifteen thousand (15,000) barrels per year and no less than one hundred (100) barrels per year;

(xx) "Winery" means a commercial enterprise manufacturing wine at a single location in Wyoming;

(xxi) "Operational" means offering for sale to the general public alcoholic liquor and malt beverages as authorized under a license or permit issued under this title for not less than three (3) consecutive months during any calendar year;

(xxii) "Department" means the Wyoming department of revenue;

(xxiii) "Guest ranch" means a vacation resort offering accommodations for overnight stays and activities typical of western ranching;

(xxiv) "This title" means W.S. 12-1-101 through 12-10-101;

(xxv) "Out-of-state shipper" means any licensee outside this state who accepts orders for manufactured wine placed from this state and who ships, packages for shipment or facilitates in any way shipment of the wine by a third party or common carrier to any person, household or licensed retailer in this state.

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Wyoming may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.