There is a newer version of this Chapter
2020 Wisconsin Statutes & Annotations
Chapter 700. Interests in property.
- 700.01 Definitions.
- 700.02 Classification of interests in property as to duration.
- 700.03 Classification of present and future interests.
- 700.04 Classification of future interests.
- 700.05 Classification of remainders.
- 700.06 Interest for life of another; succession.
- 700.07 Transferability of future interests.
- 700.08 Estate tail becomes fee simple; effect of gift over after attempted estate tail.
- 700.09 Interest contingent on death without issue.
- 700.10 Remainder to heirs of owner of life interest; abolition of rule in Shelley's case.
- 700.11 Interests in “heirs" and the like.
- 700.12 After-born persons included in class gift.
- 700.13 Remainders presumed not to shorten prior interest; acceleration of remainders.
- 700.14 Indestructibility of contingent future interests.
- 700.15 Nominal conditions not enforced.
- 700.16 Perpetuities and suspension of power of alienation.
- 700.17 Classification and characteristics of certain concurrent interests.
- 700.18 Determination of cotenancy generally.
- 700.19 Creation of joint tenancy.
- 700.20 Extent of undivided interests in tenancy in common.
- 700.21 Covendors in contracts to transfer.
- 700.215 Exception for equitable rights of cotenants and 3rd persons.
- 700.22 Exception for bank deposits, checks, government bonds and vehicles.
- 700.23 Liability among cotenants for rents and profits.
- 700.24 Death of a joint tenant; effect of liens.
- 700.25 Applicability of chapter.
- 700.26 Applicability of general transfers at death provisions.
- 700.27 Disclaimer of transfers during life.
- 700.28 Prohibiting unreasonable restrictions on alienation of property.
- 700.35 Renewable energy resource easements.
- 700.40 Uniform conservation easement act.
- 700.41 Solar and wind access.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Wisconsin may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.