2018 Wisconsin Statutes & Annotations
Chapter 562. Regulation of racing and on-track pari-mutuel wagering.
562.045 Qualifications of administrator, other employees and stewards.
562.045 Qualifications of administrator, other employees and stewards. Notwithstanding s. 111.321, no person may serve as an administrator or other employee of the division of gaming or as a steward employed by the department or under contract with the department if any of the following apply:
(1) The person has been convicted in a state or federal court of a felony, other than a felony conviction for an offense under subs. (3) to (6), for which he or she has not been pardoned under which his or her full civil rights are restored.
(2) The person has been charged with the violation of a state or federal law which is a felony if that charge has not been dismissed or settled in any other way.
(3) The person has been convicted of fraud or misrepresentation in connection with racing or animal breeding.
(4) The person has been convicted of a violation of any law of this or another state or of the United States related to racing, pari-mutuel wagering or any other form of gambling.
(5) The person has been convicted of a violation of any law of this or another state or of the United States related to the humane treatment of animals.
(6) The person has knowingly violated a rule or order of the department relating to pari-mutuel racing or any provision of this chapter, s. 182.020 or ch. 945.
History: 1987 a. 354; 1989 a. 31; 1991 a. 269; 1995 a. 27 s. 9123 (6pp); 1997 a. 27.