2017 Wisconsin Statutes & Annotations
Chapter 99. Public warehouses.
99.01 Definitions. For the purpose of this chapter, unless the context otherwise requires:
(1) “Food" has the meaning specified in s. 97.01 (6).
(2) “Property" means goods as defined in s. 407.102 (1) (g). “Property" includes food; agricultural and commercial products, commodities or equipment; household furnishings; automobiles, boats, snowmobiles or other vehicles and conveyances; and all other items of a personal, family, household, agricultural, business or commercial nature which may be the subject of a contract of storage.
(3) “Public warehouse" means a warehouse that is operated by a public warehouse keeper for the storage for hire of the property of others. “Public warehouse" includes a food warehouse, as defined in s. 97.27 (1) (b), if the warehouse is operated by a public warehouse keeper on a storage for hire basis. “Public warehouse" does not include a frozen-food locker plant as defined in s. 97.27 (1) (c).
(4) “Public warehouse keeper" means any person who is required to be licensed under s. 99.02.
(5) “Warehouse" means any building, room, structure or facility used for the storage of property.